…Issues new guidelines for reopening markets
As the total lockdown duration expire, Lagos declares Monday a work free day for civil servants, announces a phased work resumption starting with Civil servants from level 15 and above.
All Lagos state civil servants from level 15 and above are to resume work tomorrow, Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
In his Press briefing yesterday, Governor Sanwo-Olu also issued a new guideline for reopening markets in the State.
See a summary of the governors’ briefing monitored on Channels TV:
As an amendment to the earlier script of Gov. Sanwoolu Babajide on those to resume tomorrow. According to him, synopsis of the amendments are
- Tomorrow (Monday) no Civil Servant must resume
- While only level 15 above should resume from Tuesday
- Food markets only to open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Other Non Food markets to open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Banks to open with strict observance of all rules to hygiene and social distancing, ensure that their ATM machines are well sanitised and possibly provide means of transport for their staff
- Eateries and Restaurants bcos of the Ramadan, will open from 9am to 7pm, only with Take-away packs and Order, no one must sit and eat
- Those who vehicles were arrested on or before 14th of April, can, from tomorrow go and start collecting their seized vehicles
- Compulsory wearing of face masks, from tomorrow, the distribution to the public begins
- Commuters transport to operate between 6am to 7pm, further guidelines will be released to the press
There is going to be strict monitoring, and free toll number will be given to whistle blowers to call in to report defaulters, your identity will not be revealed.
He encouraged our elderly ones to remain at home because of their age, and he encourage the residents of Lagos State to remain calm until the evil pass away.